I’ve been listening to the amazing music of Algerian DJ Cheb Sabbah for many years … probably for two decades now, and only recently realized that he died in 2013 from liver cancer. I don’t usually post musical blogs here, but Chebji has been an immense source of pleasure for me and I consider him to be a truly amazing musical artist. I’d like to share one of the many beautiful songs I’ve enjoyed by him over the years: Divine Pastime, which celebrates the lilas or love-play between Sri Krishna and his lover Srimati Radha-rani. If you like this, you may also enjoy Kese Kese and Mere Kabu.
Search the Blog
- Island man observes that no one smiles in Western cities, and that there are no homeless people on his island ... youtube.com/watch?v=uLt9je… 14 hours ago
- American Samoa Residents Are Declared US Citizens theautarkist.wordpress.com/2019/12/13/ame… https://t.co/1lt7YKJos6 18 hours ago
- #TBT #Hawaiian #Reggae I Hear #Music - Ka'au Crater Boys youtube.com/watch?v=YY1Vj0… 1 day ago
- RT @Nat_Whiting: #PNG Prime Minister James Marape has released a statement saying he acknowledges the #Bougainville referendum result. It s… 2 days ago
- Doesn't happen every day: a new #country will probably be born soon. #Bougainville voted for independence. It's an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago