Search the Blog
This is an Affiliate Site.KnownHost.com - Fast, Secure & Fully Managed Hosting
Thank you for your Support!
- Happy Twentieth! On the Importance of Healthy Emotions theautarkist.wordpress.com/2019/08/20/hap… 2 hours ago
- Elected official from #Washington stare wants all non-#Chrisian makes in the US killed! FBI is investigating ...… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Beginner's Guide to #Nationalism https://t.co/isQKnY1vFo 4 days ago
- RT @AteismoBrillant: " No usen condón " - Juan Pablo II en su visita en África, que causo miles de muertes. 4 days ago
- RT @ExmuslimsOrg: This #Eid Millions of Muslims celebrate Abraham, who, after listening to what we would consider today as schizophrenic de… 4 days ago
Monthly Archives: September 2015
Those of you who are close followers of Epicurean literature and community online may have noticed that the epicurus.info and the Epicurus Wiki webpages both went offline recently. The other major resource that remains (outside of Society of Epicurus–including in … Continue reading
Part IV On Gurus Harris believes that the guru-disciple relationship is not necessarily to be avoided or thrown out. Mentors can be useful, and sometimes necessary for gaining certain insights. He gives one sign of a potentially healthy guru: humility. He also prudently … Continue reading
Part III Against the War on Drugs In Waking Up, Harris takes time to join the many voices that are calling for decriminalization of mind-enhancing drugs and advocates their use to experiment with altered states of mind. This, he acknowledges, … Continue reading
Podcast Ateorizar, con la participación de Hiram Crespo; discusión de la filosofía de Epicuro, de la indignación por el maltrato a una atea en la televisión ecuatoriana, visita del papa y otros temas. Translation: Spanish-language podcast featuring myself discussing Epicurean … Continue reading
New Epicurean has setup a newsletter with their weekly updates. If you’d like to stay informed about all things Epicurean, please subscribe here!
When you go and buy a car, you’re not buying with money. You’re buying with the TIME it took you to work and earn that money. Therefore, you buy a car and you pay with life! Brother, let’s guard life … Continue reading
Part II On Harris’ Insight into Katastematic Pleasure Harris refuses to label abiding pleasure as such, however in his approach to happiness he does make a case for it while discussing the logic of retreating from the world. If there exists … Continue reading