Pleasure scares people. They are scared of the word and the actions, reality, and discourses around it. It either scares people or makes them hysterical. There are too many private and personal issues, too many alienating, intimate, painful, wretched, and miserable details. There are secret and hidden deficiencies. There are too many things in the way of just being, living, and enjoying. Hence, people reject the word. They produce spiteful critique that is aggressive and in bad faith or that is simply evasive. Disrespect, discredit, contempt, and disdain are all means for avoiding the subject of pleasure.
– Michel Onfray
Search the Blog
This is an Affiliate Site.KnownHost.com - Fast, Secure & Fully Managed Hosting
Thank you for your Support!
- @JRD0000 @gregmk12 @gavreilly I don’t know or care, but for someone who’s blowing the patriotic trumpet so loudly,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- @gregmk12 @JRD0000 @gavreilly He loves America so much that he went out of his way to marry a mail-order bride from… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- #MAGA hat ... made in #Mexico ... https://t.co/skeRKidTxT 2 days ago
- RT @SocietyEpicurus: An opinion, right or wrong, can never constitute a moral offence, nor be a moral obligation. It may be mistaken; it ma… 2 days ago
- #Ubuntu - a person is a person through other persons : Getrude Matshe at TED youtu.be/BzIyOtusDxE #African #philosophy 3 days ago