Pleasure scares people. They are scared of the word and the actions, reality, and discourses around it. It either scares people or makes them hysterical. There are too many private and personal issues, too many alienating, intimate, painful, wretched, and miserable details. There are secret and hidden deficiencies. There are too many things in the way of just being, living, and enjoying. Hence, people reject the word. They produce spiteful critique that is aggressive and in bad faith or that is simply evasive. Disrespect, discredit, contempt, and disdain are all means for avoiding the subject of pleasure.
– Michel Onfray
Search the Blog
This is an Affiliate Site.KnownHost.com - Fast, Secure & Fully Managed Hosting
Thank you for your Support!
- Things to Learn from Handmaid’s Tale theautarkist.wordpress.com/2019/09/16/thi… https://t.co/4vO33W9l8w 1 day ago
- #Catholic predatory abuse survivors furious over #NY #diocese’s bankruptcy move patheos.com/blogs/thefreet… #newyork #religion #god 1 day ago
- Watching this celebration of the life and work of #RaulJulia pbs.org/wnet/americanm… #art #theater 3 days ago
- In Solidarity with #TheBahamas theautarkist.wordpress.com/2019/09/14/in-… 3 days ago
- Incapaz de hacerse admirar o estimar, gustaba de ser temido. - Domingo Sarmiento, en #Facundo 4 days ago