Pleasure scares people. They are scared of the word and the actions, reality, and discourses around it. It either scares people or makes them hysterical. There are too many private and personal issues, too many alienating, intimate, painful, wretched, and miserable details. There are secret and hidden deficiencies. There are too many things in the way of just being, living, and enjoying. Hence, people reject the word. They produce spiteful critique that is aggressive and in bad faith or that is simply evasive. Disrespect, discredit, contempt, and disdain are all means for avoiding the subject of pleasure.
– Michel Onfray
Search the Blog
This is an Affiliate Site.KnownHost.com - Fast, Secure & Fully Managed Hosting
Thank you for your Support!
- Watching #TheMatrix: blue pill or red pill? https://t.co/iD8U6xYcCj 1 day ago
- #Abortion Is a Problem to Be Solved, Not a Moral Issue scientificamerican.com/article/aborti… #education #birthcontrol #overpopulation 3 days ago
- RT @SocietyEpicurus: Embodied #Philosophy realhedonism.org/blog/embodied-… 4 days ago
- @tom_merle Still EP got to be quite popular and the rabbis even began to worry and write propaganda against it beca… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Seven Reasons Why We Need More Epicurean Content Creators theautarkist.wordpress.com/2019/05/13/sev… 6 days ago