Search the Blog
This is an Affiliate Site.KnownHost.com - Fast, Secure & Fully Managed Hosting
Thank you for your Support!
- RT @openculture: The Philosophy of "Optimistic Nihilism," Or How to Find Purpose in a Meaningless Universe openculture.com/?p=1044142 https://… 18 hours ago
- "If you are lonely when you're #alone, you are in bad company." - #Sartre #aloneness #introversion #individuality 3 days ago
- If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- #Monsanto in #PuertoRico.... youtu.be/5wXw_P7iugw 3 days ago
- @gethuel theautarkist.wordpress.com/2019/06/21/my-… 4 days ago
Category Archives: hedonism
Happy 20th to Epicureans everywhere! This month we celebrated 10 years of the GARDEN OF ATHENS: Celebration of a Decade of Pleasure, and the PEL podcast published their follow-up to the Lucretius episode (which focused on the physics), titled Epicurus on Seeking … Continue reading
Only wolves and lions eat alone, you should not eat, not even a snack, on your own. – Epicurus For years, millions of viewers shared the pleasures of travel and dining with Anthony and, although he didn’t know them, many of us felt him as … Continue reading
We recently stumbled upon the essay Epicureanism and Friends with Benefits. It seems appropriate for Valentine’s Day. Pleasant reading!
Pleasure scares people. They are scared of the word and the actions, reality, and discourses around it. It either scares people or makes them hysterical. There are too many private and personal issues, too many alienating, intimate, painful, wretched, and … Continue reading
In the coming weeks I’ll be blogging commentaries on Michel Onfray’s Hedonist Manifesto, which contains a complete summary of his intellectual legacy. Onfray is an unapologetic French hedonist and neo-Epicurean who has written dozens of books, and about whose “counter-history of philosophy” … Continue reading
One woman in Korea escapes jail using superhuman strength lent to her by someone who experiences all her senses in India … or Chicago, or Nairobi in the African country of Kenya. She then steals a car using the skills of … Continue reading