Search the Blog
This is an Affiliate Site.KnownHost.com - Fast, Secure & Fully Managed Hosting
Thank you for your Support!
- Epicurean Books thetwentiers.com/epicurean-book… 12 minutes ago
- RT @_TamaraWinter: The Sino-African fusion continues apace. For the first time in Nigerian history, a Chinese man, Mike Zhang, will be made… 21 hours ago
- RT @cpipr: Mientras el Estado no resuelve el acceso al agua potable para más de un millón y medio de haitianos en la zona metropolitana, la… 21 hours ago
- RT @BullBitcoin_: #Bitcoin is quite simply the hardest, most sound money the world has ever known. Wondering why? Go down the rabbit hole w… 21 hours ago
- RT @BlockchainMT: 🤩 With less than a month to go, we're excited to share a breakdown of some of the top blockchain speakers gracing the sta… 21 hours ago
Category Archives: hedonism
Happy 20th to Epicureans everywhere! This month we celebrated 10 years of the GARDEN OF ATHENS: Celebration of a Decade of Pleasure, and the PEL podcast published their follow-up to the Lucretius episode (which focused on the physics), titled Epicurus on Seeking … Continue reading
Only wolves and lions eat alone, you should not eat, not even a snack, on your own. – Epicurus For years, millions of viewers shared the pleasures of travel and dining with Anthony and, although he didn’t know them, many of us felt him as … Continue reading
We recently stumbled upon the essay Epicureanism and Friends with Benefits. It seems appropriate for Valentine’s Day. Pleasant reading!
Pleasure scares people. They are scared of the word and the actions, reality, and discourses around it. It either scares people or makes them hysterical. There are too many private and personal issues, too many alienating, intimate, painful, wretched, and … Continue reading
In the coming weeks I’ll be blogging commentaries on Michel Onfray’s Hedonist Manifesto, which contains a complete summary of his intellectual legacy. Onfray is an unapologetic French hedonist and neo-Epicurean who has written dozens of books, and about whose “counter-history of philosophy” … Continue reading
One woman in Korea escapes jail using superhuman strength lent to her by someone who experiences all her senses in India … or Chicago, or Nairobi in the African country of Kenya. She then steals a car using the skills of … Continue reading