Search the Blog
This is an Affiliate Site.KnownHost.com - Fast, Secure & Fully Managed Hosting
Thank you for your Support!
- Things to Learn from Handmaid’s Tale theautarkist.wordpress.com/2019/09/16/thi… https://t.co/4vO33W9l8w 1 day ago
- #Catholic predatory abuse survivors furious over #NY #diocese’s bankruptcy move patheos.com/blogs/thefreet… #newyork #religion #god 1 day ago
- Watching this celebration of the life and work of #RaulJulia pbs.org/wnet/americanm… #art #theater 3 days ago
- In Solidarity with #TheBahamas theautarkist.wordpress.com/2019/09/14/in-… 3 days ago
- Incapaz de hacerse admirar o estimar, gustaba de ser temido. - Domingo Sarmiento, en #Facundo 4 days ago
Tag Archives: friendship
Association is important in labor. We must choose our company prudently Las Indias: on Cooperative Productive Autonomy Neither he who is always seeking material aid from his friends nor he who never considers such aid is a true friend; for … Continue reading
A man must be a friend to his friend, for himself and for the friend, but no man must be a friend of a friend of his foe. Havamal 43 #KnowYourCircle
Happy Twentieth to Epicureans everywhere. Over the last month, Philosophy Now published a piece titled The Epicurean option, which gives a glimpse into how Epicurus’ upbringing made him particularly attuned to the spiritual and psychological needs of common folk, and I published … Continue reading
In the coming weeks I will be posting weekly memes celebrating the similar teachings of the Epicurean and Buddhist traditions.
In Epicurean discourse we often get into discussions of minimalism from the perspective of natural and necessary desires: minimalism not for the sake of frugality and simplicity, but for the sake of having a deep conviction of what is and … Continue reading
Friendship as Virtuous Communion The book of Concord within The Good Book: A Humanist Bible> contains a wisdom tradition related to friendship, which is at first defined as something that can only exist among good people. This is reiterated when … Continue reading
Equality, in today’s Western discourse, is an over-used word that means different things to different people. Equal treatment before the law is almost invariably meant (the marriage equality debate), and oftentimes issues of economic justice and access to resources deemed … Continue reading