Search the Blog
This is an Affiliate Site.KnownHost.com - Fast, Secure & Fully Managed Hosting
Thank you for your Support!
- Happy Twentieth! On the Importance of Healthy Emotions theautarkist.wordpress.com/2019/08/20/hap… 6 hours ago
- Elected official from #Washington stare wants all non-#Chrisian makes in the US killed! FBI is investigating ...… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Beginner's Guide to #Nationalism https://t.co/isQKnY1vFo 4 days ago
- RT @AteismoBrillant: " No usen condón " - Juan Pablo II en su visita en África, que causo miles de muertes. 5 days ago
- RT @ExmuslimsOrg: This #Eid Millions of Muslims celebrate Abraham, who, after listening to what we would consider today as schizophrenic de… 5 days ago
Category Archives: friendship
There is social wealth in addition to the wealth of things and possessions Dynamic spread of happiness in a large social network: longitudinal analysis over 20 years in the Framingham Heart Study Just as those who sow seeds in the … Continue reading
“We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink, for dining alone is leading the life of a lion or wolf.” – Epicurus This month, the Guardian published The friend effect: … Continue reading
We recently stumbled upon the essay Epicureanism and Friends with Benefits. It seems appropriate for Valentine’s Day. Pleasant reading!
Art of Poetry, aka Epistle to the Pisos was written in the epistolary style that the early Epicurean founders were known for, and which was later imitated in the New Testament. Horace follows Epicurean rhetorical conventions himself (short, concise, clear speech) and … Continue reading
Happy Twentieth to Epicureans everywhere. Over the last month, Philosophy Now published a piece titled The Epicurean option, which gives a glimpse into how Epicurus’ upbringing made him particularly attuned to the spiritual and psychological needs of common folk, and I published … Continue reading